Sunday, October 22, 2017

The Sunday Funnies

Dorothy looked at the labels on three bottles of bubble soap and sniffed them all.  She noted correctly of the pink one, "This one smells like bubblegum."  Then she followed-up about the green:  "This one smells like turtles."  And the blue:  "This one smells like octopuses."

We have two copies of the book Read to your Bunny, and I suggested that Dorothy sit on my lap with a doll, and I could read to my bunny, and she could read to hers.  She got a doll and the books, climbed up on my lap, and then asked, "Where is your bunny?"

We're trying to help Dorothy learn not to cry so easily when playing with other kids.  We went to a birthday party and I explained that it was a "no-crying party".  A little into the party, she spilled her drink, and looked at me and said, "That's okay.  The party is all fun."

Dorothy has had a cough, and I was trying to find out how else she was feeling.  I asked Dorothy if it hurt when she coughed; she said yes.  I asked where it hurts; she said, "My mouth."

Dorothy was watching a Tinkerbell movie when she turned to me and announced, "Mama, did you know that Tinkerbell knows how to use sharp scissors?"

At Target:**
Sarah:  Look!  These are the same shoes that we bought for you.**
Dorothy:  But they have a different number on them.

We had a two-day cold snap and I put thick pants on Dorothy for the first time in her memory.  She couldn't get them off; they were stuck around her ankles.  She fussed, "You put pants on me that don't want to come off!"