Sunday, October 8, 2017

The Sunday Funnies


When Grandma and Grandpa came to visit last week, Grandma announced, "We have a few presents for you in the car."  Dorothy looked at Mom and said, "It's just like we thought!"

Grandma taught Dorothy to play a drawing game:  draw a few similar objects and then ask the other person questions about your drawing.  Dorothy drew three pumpkins and asked the following questions:**
Which pumpkin has a long tail?**
Which pumpkin has a short tail?**
Which pumpkin has just a butt?

Our washing machine has been giving us some trouble, and Dorothy is somewhat aware of this.  She watched me move the laundry to the dryer, and asked, "Are you trying the other washing machine?"

Sarah:  Ok, it looks like you have everything you need for bed:  a water, 1 flamingo, 1 butterfly, 5 babies, 2 cats.**
Dorothy:  One baby is missing.

Dorothy woke up and noted, "My pillow made my cheek wet again."

Dad:  Get a hand towel and wipe your hands off and wipe your mouth off.**
Dorothy:  Do you mean wipe the yogurt off my hands and face?  You can't wipe your hands off.

Parents Magazine had Savannah Guthrie (of The Today Show) and her children on the cover, and I told Dorothy, "She was pregnant at the same time I was, so that little girl is your age."  Dorothy asked, "Did I play with her a lot of times?"