Sunday, January 21, 2018

The Sunday Funnies

The sun was shining brightly in Dorothy's eyes; she said, "The sun doesn't want me to see anything!"

Each day when Dorothy puts on her shoes, she first asks me if she has chosen the correct foot for the shoe she is holding.  After she puts it on, and its correctness has been confirmed, and there is one bare foot remaining, as well as one remaining shoe, she asks me if the final shoe is correct for that shoeless foot.

Dorothy squeezed into a pair of too-small shoes that she likes; she said, "I squeezed my foot into it!  I didn't out grown-up them!"

Dorothy likes to pretend-play movies, but only the happy parts, as in, "Let's play Frozen.  I'll be Anna and you be Elsa.  But this time don't hurt me.  Don't make ice and freeze me."

I've been playing the Frozen soundtrack in Dorothy's room when she goes to bed.  She told me, "I like listening to this.  It makes me think that Anna and Elsa are in my room."