Sunday, January 28, 2018

The Sunday Funnies

Dorothy understands that she must go to sleep in her own bed, but if she wakes up in the middle of the night, we let her come into our bed.  At bedtime she told Brian, "It's so hard to sleep when I'm waiting for the middle of the night."

Dorothy woke up in the middle of the night:  I had a scary dream.
Sarah:  Oh, I'm sorry.
Dorothy, sleepily:  And it's still happening!
Sarah:  What is it about?
Dorothy:  Pants that are walking.

Dorothy listens to my GPS when I have it on for directions.  She comments on the names of the streets, etc.  Last night, when we got where we were going, she said, "Uh!  It says our destination is on the left.  But I wanted our destination to be on the right."

Sarah:  Let's go home and eat dinner, take a bath, and go to bed.
Dorothy:  Let's go home and rest, read books, and play Elsa-Anna.

At school Dorothy was pretending that the large mound of sand was Elsa's ice castle.  She told me, "It wasn't really an ice castle because it didn't have any frozen fractals."

Dorothy noticed a dress that I had not yet put away after a wedding last weekend; it is sequined from top-to-bottom.  Dorothy said, "I love this."  She was gently rubbing her hand on the fabric.  "I really love this," she said.  "Do you have a kid one of these?"

Dorothy has a poster on her wall that is busy with Disney characters.  She was upset and did not want to go to bed; when I peeked in on her, she said, "I was crying and looking at this picture."  I said, "That's good."  She said, "No, I was crying and looking at the picture."  I said, "Yes, there's lots to look at on that picture.  All those characters."  She said, "No, I was CRYING and looking at the picture!"