Sunday, February 25, 2018

The Sunday Funnies

Dorothy and I were looking closely at a penny.
Me:  What is on the front?
Dorothy:  A head and a body.
Me:  What is on the back?
Dorothy:  A tail.  A train.

Dorothy:  When you were a little girl did you used to play Anna and Elsa with Aunt Mary Beth?

Dorothy:  I did something.
Me:  No response.
Dorothy:  You say, "What did you do?"

Dorothy collected all the checker pieces in her hands and asked, "Mom, can I throw these?"  I said, "If you pick them up, yes, you can throw them."  She said, "I already picked them up."

Dorothy walked into the living room fresh from bed, with messy hair and sleepy eyes, and her first words were, "Can you wash sheets?"

We were playing doctor with Dorothy's dolls.  The baby doll was hurt because she didn't wear her helmet and she fell off her bike; I was fussing at the mama doll and saying it was her job to make sure that her baby wears a helmet.  Dorothy, playing the part of the doll mom, replied, "I was just too busy on my computer I didn't notice."