Sunday, June 3, 2018

The Sunday Funnies

I was meeting someone and we were introducing ourselves and chit-chatting for a while.  Dorothy pulled my hand and whispered in my ear, "Say something about me."

We love the book Blueberries for Sal.  We picked blueberries from our own bushes and Dorothy dropped them into her own tin pail.  The she asked, "Why does little Sal's blueberries go 'kuplink, kuplank, kuplunk', but mine only go "kuplunk, kuplunk, kuplunk?"

Dorothy asked me questions about spit.  I gave a long, on-the-spot, probably made-up answer.  She responded, "How do you know so much about bodies?"

Dorothy did something wrong and I told her, "I don't think so, Mister."  She replied, "You mean 'Misses'."

I'll be sorry when Dorothy stops saying "exposed to" when she means "supposed to".