Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Sunday Funnies

I offered Dorothy a waffle cut into strips.  She said, "I want a big circle waffle with a big circle ploop."  That's shorthand for syrup, I guess.

I'll be sad when Dorothy stops saying "Yet me sow you sumpin'" and starts to say "Let me show you something."

I told Dorothy that sometimes I hear sirens from fire trucks that pass our house.  She said that she does not hear them.
I said, "The next time I hear one, I will point it out to you."
She said, "How can you point out a sound?"

Dorothy was sleeping soundly and I went into her room to wake her.  She stirred and yawned and said, "I stayed awake all night."  I assumed sleepy confusion and I said, "I know, you slept all night long!"  She said, "No.  I stayed awake all night long."

We read a Beauty and the Beast story, and Dorothy got excited about the little teacup and said, "Chip couldn't go to sleep because his music box was broken, and I couldn't go to sleep because I don't like to sleep!"