Sunday, June 17, 2018

The Sunday Funnies


Dorothy was in the shopping cart and we passed a section of workout clothes.  She liked the shiny one that looked like a mermaid to her.  Then we walked by the lingerie section. She pointed to one and said, "I like that one."  I said, "Oh?"  She said, "It looks like an angel."

Dorothy:  I need socks with these shoes because they give me splinters.

I dropped Dorothy off at school and said, "We'll play together when you get home.  What do you want to play?"
She mouthed, "Elsa-Anna."
I said, "Elsa-Anna?"
She said, "Yes.  That's why I was shaping the words with my mouth."

I gave Dorothy two bowls of cereal:  Cheerios and Lucky Charms.  She said, "It's funny that they are both Chex Mix but one has treats in it!"

Dorothy and I were riding in the car and I took an apple out of my bag.
"Let me take three bites first," I said, "Then you can have it."
I took three bites, passed her the apple, and she ate some of it.  Then she said, "I'm finished," and handed it back to me.
I started to eat the apple again, and she interrupted, "No!  I want the rest, but later."

Sarah:  What did you do at school today?
Dorothy:  We dug for dinosaur bones.  At school we do dinosaurs a lot.

Dorothy:  In the middle of the night, will you check on me, and if I'm not tucked in, will you tuck me in?  And I like to be tucked up to my shoulders, not my chin.